issue key duplicates in comment field

fjodors
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2012

Hello

Issue key duplicates in comment field when I am writing a comment. For example, I added comment and wrote the issue key in comment field. As a result this comment was added with duplicate issue key text (see image)

http://postimage.org/image/lab582c75/.

Could you please explain to me how to solve this problem?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2012

Hi Fyodor,

One of my colleague has recently verified this behavior, and have filed this as a bug. Kindly refer to the bug report for more info:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-29353

I have my suspicion that this could arise when we use the character "-" in the issue key.

Though it's not much, but I hope that the info helps.

Best regards.

fjodors
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 15, 2012

Hi Ahmad

Thank you for support, I'll review this ticket and will vote for it.

BR,

Fyodor

0 votes
Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2012

Hi Fyodor,

At the moment I am unable to reproduce the exact behavior on JIRA 5, but this looks like a bug. May I know how did you reproduced it? Which JIRA version are you currently running on? Did you make any changes to the project key pattern?

The problem, is it easily reproducible on other issues as well?

Thanks.

fjodors
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2012

Hello, Ahmad

Thank you for reply.

JIRA version is 4.4.3

jita.projectkey.pattern is (([A-Z0-9]{0,5}-)?([0-9]{4})){1}

Issue key duplicates in comment field when I am writing comments in other issues also.

BR,

Fyodor

Suggest an answer