is there no other way to upgrade agile then downgrade jira ?

Franz Holzer March 23, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: This version of JIRA Agile requires a minimum build number of #45 in order to proceed

i Dont even need Agile, ...

2 answers

0 votes
Franz Holzer March 23, 2016

well i took another way.

i Just migrated to JIRA Core and uninstalled Jira-Software.
The Error is gone.

I dont know if it will ever comeback if i would use Agile / Software again.
but for now - i dont need it.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2016

Oh this is JIRA 7, yeah that's the other way.

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2016

For each JIRA Agile version, there's a minimum JIRA version required for it to run. Some instructions can be found here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSW-10872

Rollback the plugin

It is possible to rollback to a previous version of the plugin as per the below steps.

The only version that can be rolled back to is 6.3.13.1. Any other version will cause significant problems

1. Unlock the rank fields as per How to unlock a Locked field.
  2. From JIRA Administration > Issues > Custom Fields (left side menu), rename the rank fields to something else, for example Rank (LexoRank).
  3. Rename the old (Obsolete) fields to their original name 'Rank'.
  4. From JIRA Administration > Manage Add-ons, uninstall JIRA Agile.
  5. Stop JIRA.
  6. Roll-back the JIRA Agile version in the database with the following SQL:
    UPDATE propertynumber SET propertyvalue = 42 WHERE id = (SELECT id FROM propertyentry WHERE property_key = 'GreenHopper.Upgrade.Latest.Upgraded.Version');
    UPDATE propertystring SET propertyvalue = '42' WHERE id = (SELECT id FROM propertyentry WHERE property_key = 'com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:build');

7. Start JIRA.
  8. Install the previous version of JIRA Agile 6.3.13.1. From JIRA Administration > Add-ons > Manage Add-ons (left side menu), choose 'Upload Add-on' and provide the URL or upload from your computer.
  9. Reindex JIRA.

Suggest an answer