integrating Jira with excel

Shrikanth Bhosale July 16, 2015

Can JIRA be integrated with Excel spreadsheet?

10 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Philipp Suchan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 8, 2019

See here for the official Jira Cloud to Excel export:  https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1221301/jira-cloud-for-excel-official

Alen Dumonjic November 13, 2019

Hi @Philipp Suchan:

How do we install the official app? I'm always taken back to Microsoft Appsource store.

Thank you.

Like Amel Ibrisimovic Thomas likes this
Philipp Suchan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2019

Hi @Alen Dumonjic - you are correct you install the app via AppSource: https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/office/WA200000556

Please note:  If you are trying to install this add-in for Excel Desktop, you must have an O365 subscription, as well as be on the latest build.

Like Marcos Ferreira likes this
Alen Dumonjic November 13, 2019

Thanks, @Philipp Suchan . Is there no way to install this via marketplace? I'd prefer not to create an appsource account.

Philipp Suchan
Atlassian Team
November 13, 2019

@Alen Dumonjic  - the app currently requires an O365 subscription so you would use your O365 login credentials to sign into AppSource.

reckedcat January 23, 2020

This looks amazing @Philipp Suchan! Is there a server/datacenter version planned or in the works? (or even just a Jira request I can vote up that you're aware of?)

Like # people like this
Eric Fairchild May 22, 2020

@Philipp Suchan my colleagues and I are trying to use the add-in for Excel (we are on O365 so all good there); but the exports are not pulling down all the fields, most notably the Epic fields are all coming down blank.   Is there a compatibility issue between the plug in and the "Next-gen software project" version of Jira?

Guido Leenders May 6, 2021

For completeness, the company I work for also released a JIRA version of Invantive Control for Excel (native Excel plug-in) and the Power BI and Excel Power Query connector. Listed in the marketplace as Invantive Cloud. 

6 votes
Paweł Kulicki July 17, 2015

Hi,

Excel Connector is the plugin which provide integrations between Jira and Excel.
You can find it here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/pl.com.tt.jira.plugin.excel2jira

Related in many complications we decide to rewrite Excel Connector plugin from scratch. Unfortunately, we could not continue to improve the old version because of its design adapted to the old versions of JIRA. The new version will be more stable and faster because we write it on the basis of REST Services.

I honestly recommend wait two weeks for the new version, which will be released on the market early in August.

Regards,
Pawel

Łukasz Modzelewski _TTPSC_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 6, 2021

Since I've got an update on topic, I just want to let you know: we've made a next generation Excel Connector -> Excel 365 Connector. Here you can read about differences between those 2 apps (like availability for macOS users or allowing to work in browser)

Important links:

Cheers,
Łukasz

4 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2015

Better Excel Plugin exports JIRA data to custom Excel spreadsheets. I agree with Nic, you should elaborate what you mean by "integration", but if this is primarily about exports, then make sure to check out this add-on.

This is a huge improvement over the built-in Excel exporting feature, see the comparison.

1 vote
Thao_Trovato May 25, 2018

Lukasz, please keep me posted. I am looking forward to see Excel Connector available in Cloud version as I found it very challenge to create and show progress, right now I export manually every time :)

Michal Dubel {Transition Technologies PSC}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 3, 2018

Hello @Thao_Trovato,

We are pleased to announce that cloud version of Excel Connector has been recently released!

Please find product site - here

Have a great time using our Application in the Cloud!

Regards,

Michal

Michelle Parsons March 26, 2019

Do you have any future plans for supporting Excel in Office 365?

Marketplace Partner
September 5, 2019

Hi @Michelle Parsons 

We are actively developing new version of Excel Connector that would be Office 365 native product (supporting both server and cloud versions of Office).

Yet if You are using server version of Office 365 we have proven it could actually work for You with current Excel Connector version.

Cheers,

Michal

Stanisław Juźwicki October 4, 2019

Hi @Michal Dubel {Transition Technologies PSC}

Do you have any kind of tracker / roadmap / anything where I can check the availability of this from time to time? I am looking for Jira / Excel integration options, but at the moment lack of O365 support is a showstopper.

Marketplace Partner
October 4, 2019

Hi @Stanisław Juźwicki ,

Glad You are interested in this area - You can check progress on our trello board - https://trello.com/c/d8OsVy8s/16-ability-to-use-excel-connector-on-office-365-natively

Expect to hear some big news this quarter! :)

Cheers,

Michal Dubel

1 vote
Altin Elezi March 16, 2017

Cdata Software has developed The JIRA Excel Add-In, which is a powerful tool that allows you to connect with live JIRA project management data, directly from Microsoft Excel. Use Excel to read, write, and update Projects, Groups, Workflows, etc. Perfect for mass imports / exports / updates, data cleansing & de-duplication, Excel based data analysis, and more!

http://cdn.cdata.com/help/BJB/xls/

Vidhya GOWTHAM April 4, 2017

Hello Altin Elezi 

I  am trying all information like bugs , ticket issues ,etc .. automatic update in excel sheet when we are changing in JIRA. Is it possible with that Cdata Software ? and also i am trying to plot the information in a graph also . It is possible ?

1 vote
Mark Biro November 14, 2015

Hi @Shrikanth Bhosale

JExcel
is the closest JIRA and Excel can get together.

It provides you an Excel-like interface for your Jira issues, so you can filter and edit them like in Excel!

It also has an import and export function to move data easier between Jira and Excel.

Feel free to give it a try:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215293/jexcel-pro-the-power-of-excel-in-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview

And let me know if you have any other questions!

Thank you in advance!

Best regards, Mark

0 votes
Gabe Kressel May 6, 2021

IMHO, the easiest way to export Jira data to CSV file is using Skyvia Query Excel Add-in. You can request trial version and run unlimit queries per day for free.

There are just two steps to get it:

Create a free Skyvia account (if you haven't had an account yet) -> Install Skyvia Query Excel Add-in from Microsoft AppSource

That's it. I hope my advice will be helpful for you.

Skyvia is Jira's partner, you can find it on the Atlassian marketplace. 

0 votes
Guido Leenders July 30, 2020

Invantive Control for Excel and Invantive Cloud (https://cloud.invantive.com) both support JIRA Cloud, JIRA Service Desk and Confluence. All known API's are supported, including BETAs, please see documentation. With the service desk APIs there are currently some known issues with paging. Up to 20.000 rows it is free to use. For Power BI use of JIRA instead of Excel, please use Invantive Cloud, it is way easier to setup.

Attention! Conflict of interest: I work at Invantive.

0 votes
Thao_Trovato May 24, 2018

Excel Connector only available in the server version, anyone know when it will available for Cloud version?

Łukasz Modzelewski _TTPSC_
Marketplace Partner
May 25, 2018

Hi @Thao_Trovato,

Recently we were focused on improving the performance and fixing some old issues with our server version of the app - Excel Connector 3.3.0 was released yesterday :)

Now we are focusing on improvements for version 3.4.0, and after that we will analyze if it's possible and how long would it take to create a Cloud version.

If you like, you could create a request for Cloud version of the app using our Customer Portal

Cheers,

Łukasz

Thao_Trovato October 3, 2018

Great news, thank you very much for keeping me posted and continue to enhance Excel Connector.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2015

Yes.

But you need to define what you mean by "integrated".  It's a good word to give us a generic idea that you want two systems to talk to each other, but without the detail of what you want to achieve, you can't get an answer any more detailed than "yes"

LakshmiS July 17, 2015

You can import data into JIRA from csv files

Likewise you can export result of a JQL query to Excel

Suggest an answer