if a jira issue belongs to another team sprint , can I track the same issue in my scrum board

Amrita Mishra April 17, 2017

Hi Need a sollution for my below question . 

I have two board in my team . 

1. Scrum Board - we track all the jira task that we created for our scrum sprint . 

2. kanban board - where we track all the jira issues (part of other team's scrum board) that are assigned by other team to our team. 

I wanted to bring a sollution , where I can combine both scrum and kanban board into one . 

I have two questions 

1. if a jira issue belongs to another team sprint , can I track the same issue in my scrum board

2. How can i combine our team scrum board and kanban board in to one . 

I tried combining using filter , but it doesn't show the jira issues assigned to us but part of other team's scrum board . 

if anyone can provide solutions that would be great . 

Thanks 

Amrita 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2017

A board is a view of a set of issues.  To include the issues from other boards, you need a merged copy of their filters to pull in both of them.

You say you've already tried that, but I suspect there's an error or misunderstanding in it when you've said "it doesn't show the issues assigned to us".  I think we need to see the two filters for each board, confirm the sub-filter on the Kanban board, and then your merged one

Amrita Mishra April 17, 2017

what if I can't access their scrum board filters ? Sometime issues comes from costumer support team or solution experience team. we don't have access their scrum board / filter . 

In our kanban board , we see the ticket that are escalated to our team from customers support team , solution experience team , demo team etc etc . 

Suggest an answer