i want to write a JQL to know all issues for which due date <= (start of day+7)

pragati bhatia May 6, 2019

basically I want to know through JQL all issues that are due in coming 7 days. any leads?

3 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
due >= startOfDay() AND due <= 7d 
Julia Anderson August 8, 2022

This ended up working for me

due <= startOfDay() OR due <= 7d
0 votes
Answer accepted
Bogdan Gorka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2019

Use the simple search engine and select your options

2019-05-06 10_10_43-Window.png

Then, if you select the Advanced option, you will see how it translates into JQL.

In my example it was:

project = DMP AND due <= 7d

More about comparing fields with operators can be found here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/advanced-searching-operators-reference-764478341.html

Merve Nur Bas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2019

Hey @pragati bhatia ,

"due <= 7d" will show every issue due in the upcoming 7 days and overdue ones. Try the following JQL for a range between today and the next 7 days. 

With that being said, it is always a good option to try the simple search first and adjust the resulting JQL like @Bogdan Gorka explained. 

Regards

Like # people like this
Bogdan Gorka
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 6, 2019

Thanks @Merve Nur Bas I have learnt something too.

To exclude overdue issues I would normally use due >= "0" AND due <= 7d but I am not sure if the the "0" means start of the day or the moment the JQL is executed. So, to be 100% sure, it is better to use startOfDay().

More about avanced search functions can be found here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracorecloud/advanced-searching-functions-reference-765593719.html

Like pragati bhatia likes this

@Bogdan Gorka  Thanks this solved my problem. I was getting overdue issues as well  when I used @Merve Nur Bas  suggestion.

this works well for me :) 

Like Ysaac James Salao likes this
0 votes
Bogdan Gorka
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 6, 2019

Happy to help. Please use the green button Accept Answer so others know that this solution worked for you :-)

Suggest an answer