how to unhide the Service desk security level field for the customer view

PM January 29, 2020

Hello, 

I am trying to organize my Service desk project, mainly I want my people to only be able to see the tasks/issues that apply to them. I have a current Jira Service desk project and I would like the customers (who are internal) to be able to set the security level for their ticket when it is created, I already organized each of our 10 teams into their own Issue security scheme and its all applied and working great...

My only issue is that they cannot set the Security Level tab when they create the issue ticket... does anyone know a way to get the Security level to show in the customer portal? or possibly a better way of doing this?

thank you 

Aaron

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2020

Security levels apply to issues, not to requests (which are what customers see in the portal).  If you don't want them seeing each other's requests, lock them down to only see their own requests or that of their organisation.

0 votes
PM January 29, 2020

This is the screen shot... it wouldn't let me add it to the questionScreen Shot 2020-01-29 at 9.50.50 AM.png

robert mugabuhamye January 19, 2021

hello @PM , do you remember how you resolved this ?  I'm having the same problem. 

Thanks
Screenshot 2021-01-19 083959.png

robert mugabuhamye January 19, 2021

if I remove the field form the issue screen, I get this on the issue request:

Screenshot 2021-01-19 084122.png

Suggest an answer