how to find the first assignee on jira issue

Calogero Bonasia February 24, 2015
I need to find the name of the first assignee of an issue. I'm looking around the various knowledge base to see if and how we can query the history of an issue. in the meantime, I ask the question again, if someone could help me.

1 answer

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2015

It is in the history - every time you update a field on an issue, JIRA writes "<fieldname> <from> <to>" into the history.  So if you look for the first instance of "Assignee", then the <from> will contain the original assignee.

I suspect there is more to the question than "just look at the history" - could you expand and explain what you're trying to do and how?

Calogero Bonasia February 24, 2015

Hi Nic, first of all thanks for your answer, I'm trying to get this information using JQL or directly with SQL on my MySQL

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2015

JQL is for finding issues, not fields, so that's not really going to work. (You can't say "show me something on an issue" with JQL, the question is always "Show me the issues that match this data) For SQL, read changeitem for the <fieldname><from><to> I mentioned already, and join it to changegroup to link in with the date/time stamp and the issue that the change was made to.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events