how to find issues which are having sub-task

Vallatharasu Vallatharasu November 13, 2011

Hi

Is there any way to o find issues which are having sub-task?

thanks

Arasu

2 answers

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2011

JQL Tricks plugin has a method to do this.

yes seen,but it is Commercial

0 votes
Mikael Löwenadler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2011

I think this jql would work

parent in issueHistory()

it shows the sub-task but I want to find the parent issues

Mikael Löwenadler
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2011

Sorry, my bad. I misunderstood your question. I guess you need anothre logical layer that you cant get directly using jql.

Have a look at the simplest report plugin in the tutorial. You only have to add another condition to only return those issues that have sub-tasks (check using issue.getSubTaskObjects()).

Vallatharasu Vallatharasu November 14, 2011

which plugin tutotria u meant?

Mikael Löwenadler
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 14, 2011

Take a look at the SingleLevelGroupByReportExtended

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Plugin+Tutorial+-+Creating+a+JIRA+Report

Basically, you need to filter out those issues that have sub-tasks. You could for instance add

#if($issue.getSubTaskObjects().size()>0) to your velocity view when looping issues to only display issues that have sub-tasks.

On the other hand, you might as well create a new report from scratch since it is quite simple.

Suggest an answer