how to filter a customized field contain "AKS"

Cheng Zhi Jie May 27, 2024

hello,

I am wondering if there is a JQL can filter a customized field like “Software Component” which contain "AKS" value? Thanks in advance. 

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2024

Hi Cheng,

Is the custom field a text field? If so, then yes you can can use the ~ (tilde) to query it. 

For example: "Software Component" ~ AKS

Thanks @John Funk for your idea. I have checked unfortunately it is label type field hence it does not support ~. :(

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2024

Ah, it's a labels type field. The answer would be to use wildcards, but that's not available either! You can vote for and follow that request here:  https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-23038

Here's a solution using ScriptRunner if you have that. Or desperate enough for the need to add the app. 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-search-for-labels-with-a-wildcard/qaq-p/142696

Like Cheng Zhi Jie likes this
Cheng Zhi Jie May 28, 2024

Thank you for the advice. I think ScripRunner issueFunction in issueFieldMatch solve my problem. Really appreciate! @John Funk 

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 28, 2024

Great! Happy to help.

0 votes
YY哥
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 27, 2024

Hi @Cheng Zhi Jie 

你可以直接在事务搜索里,选择那个自定义字段名称,然后在下拉列表里选择 AKS。切换到高级查询后,就能看到你所需的 JQL 了。

YY哥

谢谢,不行,不是=AKS,是包含AKS字符的

YY哥
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 27, 2024

那就很麻烦了,标签类型自定义字段的值可以随意自定义,且区分大小写,aKs, Aks, akS 都不一样。我一般会慎用这个字段类型。

Like Cheng Zhi Jie likes this
0 votes
Aisha M May 27, 2024

You can try.

"Software Component" ~ "AKS"

thank you @Aisha M

It is not supported since the field is not text type.

Aisha M May 28, 2024

Oh, thats a bummer.

Could you try,

"Software Component" = "AKS"

If "AKS" is part of multiple labels,

"Software Component: in ("AKS")

Suggest an answer