how to export issues more than 2000 in jira instances

DH20275693 August 9, 2022

while trying to export issues from jira instance to openjira I am getting error.jirainsatnce error i.png

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2022

Hi @DH20275693 , the limit previously was 1000 results.

You need to split the issue search via a filter criteria into chunks lower than your limit, export twice and then merge the results again.

DH20275693 August 10, 2022

Can you help me how to limit the export  of issues

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2022

Hi, can you share the current JQL of the filter results you would like to export?

How to take JQL of results

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 10, 2022

Under Issues > Search for issues determine the criteria of issues you would like to export. Then switch to Advanced to see the JQL.

See also: Advanced searching 

1 vote
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 9, 2022

Hi @DH20275693 

In addition to @Dave Mathijs response, you can also check this KB. You will again need to merge the results.

Can you help me how to limit the export of issues

Suggest an answer