how do i stop emails to users that dont need to add time in tempo

De Wood February 6, 2014

until the recent change emails only went out to the groups with permission to access tempo. it now appears that all Jira users are getting this email. how do i get this to work again so that only the people in specific groups get emails?

4 answers

1 vote
suman28 April 9, 2018

This is 2018 and this feature is still not implemented.  Oh, the irony that a timesheet feature is not time boxed!

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2014

It is not possible to choose the users receiving mail from the Tempo scheduler individually or by team, but it has been requested in https://tempoplugin.jira.com/browse/TT-135. We value feedback and comments on how we can make Tempo better, so if you'd like to contribute to this request, please vote on it and add a comment that will help Tempo developers to implement this request.

Trupti Rao October 30, 2018

Hi,

Is there a solution already available for this?

Majken Connor October 30, 2018

Hi Trupti,

Create a workload scheme with 0 hours and add the users to that scheme.

Ye Fung Tchen November 17, 2020

Any new updates on this issue? As mentioned above we have users who logs their time but don't want to receive the reminder mails. Is there a possibility to exclude those from the mails?

Best

0 votes
Ashley Jean February 16, 2014

I'm experiencing a similar problem. I have directors who approve but aren't required to enter time that are now getting emails that they never did before. Unfortunately, it's a catch-22 because I have to give them Tempo user permission for them to have access to see the timesheets they are to review/approve.

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2014

Hi,

Can you go to Administration-> Add-ons, Tempo Timesheets, Scheduler and click on "List Users that Receive Email from Scheduler". This gives you a list of users that recieve this mail.

It looks as if you have users added to your Tempo that now receive emails and didn't before. This might happen if a group was added to the Tempo Timetracking permission or users were set into groups that have this permission.

Kind regards,

Susanne

Tanya Nehl February 14, 2016

@Susanne Götz [Tempo] I also have the same problem, certain users don't need to log time and I'd like them not to receive the emails. Is there a solution for these users? It seems like you're implying you could resolve this by removing them from the 'tempo timetracking' permission, but they are usually the type of people who need this permission as they need to review people's time on a particular project, or approve timesheets weekly.

Tanya Nehl February 14, 2016

At least that is my impression, that they would need that permission in order to be able to review timesheets and approve

Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2016

You are correct, if they need to view and approve the Timehseets, they need to have the Tempo Time Tracking permission.

You can, as a workaround, move the Users that need access to the Timesheets but do not log any time themselves, to a 0h workload scheme (create a workload scheme that has 0h required on all days of the week).

We do have an Improvement request for this in our backlog (https://tempoplugin.jira.com/browse/TT-135) that you can vote and comment on.

Regards,

Susanne

Tanya Nehl February 16, 2016

Ok that workaround sounds like it would work fine actually, thank you.

Angelica Olmsted June 4, 2018

I moved users to the new scheme I created of 0 hours and users still got emails - is this because I moved them between the Period and Registration closing time?  It seems so silly that I cannot just disable for specific people.

Like Efrat Finkelman likes this
Majken Connor August 9, 2018

It must be, I used this solution myself and it's working fine.

Like Vilatiy Borisov likes this

Is there any new solution to exclude specific users from the tempo scheduler? We have people on our team that needs to log time but don't want to receive the reminder / late mails... so the workaround doesn't work here. Any suggestions?

Like Alexander Eck [Tempo] likes this
Alexander Eck [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 17, 2020

Hi @Ye Fung Tchen

you can´t stop email reminders for people who need to track their time.

BR

@Alexander Eck [Tempo] thank you for your reply. Not even with a different permission scheme or is this fixed within tempo permission? 

Suggest an answer