how can we send the same email to multiple Jira's issues as comments

Ahsan Ahmed
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 20, 2019

I have an email that I want to send to multiple Jira issues to to add comments.

I need help if anyone knows how to do it? 

1 answer

0 votes
Ravi Varma
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2019

Hi @Ahsan Ahmed ,

This involves multiple steps:

1. Define incoming mail handler for each project/issue type, to which the email should be added as comment
  2. Send the email to the above configured email addresses, by including the JIRA issue key in the email subject line

For example:

• If you have to send the email as a comment to TEST-1 and DEMO-1 tickets, you have to configure two incoming mail handlers in JIRA. Lets assume the email corresponding to the incoming mail handler be incomingmailhandlertest@xyz.com and incomingmailhandlerdemo@xyz.com 
  • While sending out the email as a comment to TEST-1 and DEMO-1 ticket, you have to send that email twice.
  • In the first cycle, you have to include TEST-1 in the email subject and send the email to incomingmailhandlertest@xyz.com
  • In the second cycle, you have to include DEMO-1 in the email subject and send the email to incomingmailhandlerdemo@xyz.com

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ravi Varma

Suggest an answer