Maybe JIRA Watcher Field Plugin will help you. It add a custom field type to your system. So you can be notified on Issue Updated event.
For experienced users: Now you can also prepare listener triggered by Update event (easiest way for me is to use Script Runner plugin, link: https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Listeners).
Another workarounds how you can be notified about issue changes:
- you are added to notification scheme for specific event through Project role, group, Custom field, e-mail adress, single user, reporter, assigne
(Custom fields of type "Multi User Picker" or "User picker" are expecially interesting)
- you administrator prepare procedure to send you email through transition (between workflow steps) with help of postfunction
- with some additional plugins available (notification depends of plufin)
It is also poossible to see Jira issues in your favourite browser (e.g.Firefox, go to jira marketplace to find plugins)
- you can also use Atlassian HipChat to get messages (Hip Chat - group chat, more info: https://www.hipchat.com/ - free for 5 users) ...
- now it is also easy to connect to other applications by webhooks (https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/JIRA+Webhooks+Overview)
or you have to go to dashboards to see filters with information for what issues you are responsible, what are recent updates...
>> can i list all activity matching the removal of me as a matcher
Yes, it would be nice to have a JQL WAS, WAS NOT and Changed operators for watcher like for assignee and reporter. But I don't know if developers are thinking that way :-)
well Its hard but not impossible. as Impossible is nothing.! :)
well you have to do for this is that you need to develop a Listener plugin for jira.
where you can track every update event. on the update event you can well check if your are removed from the watcher.
well the user usign the issue is the current user and listener can easily track him. with this information using jira api you can even send email to the user unwatched by the current user.
thats all! its a little time eater but effective. ! have a chocolate if you do it well! :)
Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs