having trouble closing sprint

Gustavo Sanchez
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 7, 2024

HI, I am trying to close a Sprint, all tasks and subtasks completed. But Jira shows an error Message about incomplete Tasks. 

We try changing states and re-closing. But doesnt worked.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2024

Hi Gustavo - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Make sure all issues are in the far right column of the board. Only issues in this column of the board will be considered completed, regardless of the status. 

David Nickell March 7, 2024

interesting... I thought completed was driven by the Resolution being set.  And in some cases, a Resolution could be Cancelled which I sometimes wouldn't even show on the board.   That triggers the thought some users may not know that Status and Resolution are different concepts.   

I'm not saying you are wrong.  I am just trying to understand.   I don't think the column positions mean anything.   

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2024

Nope, not for Sprints. It has to be in far right column. 

0 votes
David Nickell March 7, 2024

A recurring issue I've seen at multiple clients is when Sprint Names in project "x" are the same as the Sprint Names in project "y".   

I don't know if that is your issue, but Agile was originally a plugin called Greenhopper with its own data tables (just like other plugins had),    If your board has a Sprint name that is also used in another project, I've seen people being unable to close a Sprint for reasons they could never figure out.   The reality is they had Scrum Master rights in their project (e.g. Project "X"), but not in project "y".  

Your Sprint name could be referencing tickets in another project that you can't even see.

Case in point... at the https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/ site, you can see they are using very distinctive Sprint names.   Not only is it more meaningful, but the avoid the behind the scenes "same name" issue.

Sprints.png

0 votes
Nikola Perisic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2024

Welcome to the community @Gustavo Sanchez !

Can you please post a screenshot of the problem that you are having (blur out all of the information that is sensitive since this is a public site)?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events