git repository for custom email templates

Jeremy Delong August 2, 2016

Hello,

I wanted to check if it is possible (won't break anything) to keep email templates in a git repository.  Specifically, I am making sure that JIRA isn't going to break if I have a .git folder within atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/templates/email.

I am starting to work on customizing our email templates, and want to version control them, and be able to edit/develop them locally and then just pull changes down to JIRA when I am ready.

Thanks,

Jeremy

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2016

It shouldn't. But I am not sure why you will need that repository in the JIRA server. You will need it only locally, right?

Jeremy Delong August 3, 2016

I would be doing the work/customization locally, but I want to be able to deploy those changes using git pull on the server side.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2016

Ah ok. I wouldn't think the .git folders will cause any trouble. Safe to test though.

Suggest an answer