forum and tickets over the webpage questions

Bartlomiej Sobotka September 15, 2014

Forum:

• Capability of searching for topic/key words
  • Capability of browsing
  • Solved tickets should have solution moved to this "forum"

Open a ticket over the webpage:

• In case the forum doesn't have the answer, the user can open a new ticket
  • "Solved" button for the user (I have noticed that the users are not replying to the "solutions" provided by us, it would make it easier to have a button for them to let us know that the solution worked for them so we can close the ticket, as it is in here for example.)

Thanks again for any help.

Regards,

Bartek 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2014

JIRA is not forum software, it's an issue-tracker with a huge range of flexibility to allow it to do other things.

From what you've asked, it actually sounds like you might want (JIRA + Service Desk) + (Confluence + Questions).  But it's hard to be sure.

As per your previous question, your best option is to try it.

Bartlomiej Sobotka September 15, 2014

To precise things a bit let's put a hypothetical story: You are a client using our company program (Tibco Spotfire). You encounter a problem, and you need a solution. You click on a button in our program and it links You to our company's confluence forum. If You are not able to find the solution then you can click on a button in confluence or our program which will allow you to create a ticket (by email or over webpage) in jira service desk (connected to our company's JIRA). Then someone from company solves the problem, and then as a customer you have the option to mark this ticket as solved. Is this possible?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2014

Yes. I like the short simple answers :-) Although, Confluence is not really built for forums, it does have Questions (which is what we're using here). Not quite "forums", but it does the trick. The four systems acting together will do what you describe.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 15, 2014

Oh, and you get to pick good answers and build "knowledge base" articles from them which will then be searched the next time a user starts looking for help.

Wojciech Koseski September 15, 2014

I have a question. Is there an in-built forum or some form of gathering questions and anwsers (possible solutions to tickets) in Jira/Jira service desk? I mean it will be only/mainly used by our company and our clients with our solutions.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 15, 2014

Not really. Jira is an issue tracker, and Service Desk for requesting help. Questions and knowledge bases fall firmly into Confluence's remit.

2 votes
Hessom Arta [Adaptavist] January 13, 2015

Hi Bartlomiej,

Apologies if this finds you a little late, I've only just seen your question. For your purposes, I would suggest you take a look at our forum solution, Community Forums for Confluence. Whilst it does not meet your requirements fully, it does provide an easy to use and deploy forum solution in your Confluence pages. With version 2.0 onwards, we've introduced searching, sorting and filtering of topics, as well as a number of additional features, giving you more flexibility as to how Forums works for you.

Community Forums does not currently have a Q&A style format and is better placed as a true discussion forum within organisations, however if you'd like to discuss your requirements further, please do get in touch and I'd be interested to understand your use case further. We're aim to continually improve our add-ons and welcome all feedback.

Kind Regards,

Hessom

(Disclaimer: I work at Adaptavist in our Product Team)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events