fixVersion matches incorrectly

Björn Pollex April 9, 2012

I have written the following JQL-query:

assignee=currentUser() AND

fixVersion=earliestUnreleasedVersion(MYPROJECT)

AND status not in(Closed, Resolved)

The problem is, that this matches issues that have an older version. We are using GreenHopper, and I want to view all issues of the current sprint. When add the condition `fixVersion!=latestReleasedVersion(MYPROJECT)`, the results are correct. Is this a bug, or am I misunderstanding something?

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2012

earliestUnreleaseVersion is not necessirily the current version if you have 2 or 3 unrelease versions and the last one is the current one. It is not a bug but just the way it works now. Normally, people expect only one live version in a project and that is why this method was introduced I think!

Similarly, fixVersion!=latestReleasedVersion(MYPROJECT) might not always be correct as well because it will return issues in every fixVersion other than the latest released version I guess?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2012

I would expect that all tickets matched by that query would have the same fixVersion (the one returned by that function)

That is what I expect too. If that is not the case, it must be a bug!

The problem is that no matter what version earliestUnreleasedVersion returns, I would expect that all tickets matched by that query would have the same fixVersion (the one returned by that function) - but this is not the case. Specifically, the query does match all tickets from our current sprint, plus a few leftovers from the previous one (which has already been released).

In that case, I will file a bug report.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events