few questions about JSM

Bader Almarhoon September 13, 2022

1-How to automate prioritization requests received via email? ex: when I receive a request via email, I want priority set "High" automatically.

2-How can I automate all requests received via email as "Received by Email" request or issue type? ex: When I receive a request via email, I want the request to be "Received by email" request in the Queues

3-How can I automate time tracking for requests received via email? ex: when an agent is assigned to a ticket, I want to know how much time they spent working on the ticket.

3A-I want to show a report of each agent and the average time they spend on tickets in a day/week/month/year

4- How can I know if an agent didn't respond to a ticket within the SLA.

5- How can I allow agents to view the tickets assigned to them only. It seems that agents can view all other tickets assigned to other agents.

6- How can I automate "Due Date" as per SLA conditions?

7- How can I view specific reports on the dashboard other than the already provided gadgets?

Please note I'm not very familiar with JQL so I'd appreciate if there's another way to setup automation properly without JQL.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2022
  1. If you want all request from email to be high then use automation to change the priority after the issue is created. Trigger - issue created, Condition - JQL - request-channel-type = email, Action edit issue and set  the priority. If you want to set the priority according to some criteria that is a different matter and may or may not be able to be achieved out of the box.
  2. The request-channel-type can be used in JQL to define your queue - request-channel-type = email
  3. How do you define time working on a ticket? Does a status of "in progress" do this? Likely not. My point here is that for accurate time tracking you must rely on the individual to log time. So you can turn on time logging if you want but it requires the end of visual to be diligent. There are add-ons that will start and stop a clock based on certain criteria but I haven't used these and I question the accuracy of them.
  4. This is a basic operation of JSM projects. You simply need to use an SLA that deals with response time. To know if they met the SLA is simply to query for any breached SLAs using JQL. "Time to first response" = breached.
  5. You really can't. Why is this important? You certainly can create queues where the assignee equals each of your agents and instruct them to focus on their queue.
  6. There are some discussions on this in the Community and I would recommend searching a bit.
  7. Please provide more information on this specific request as it is not clear what exactly you were looking for. The gadgets that are available or just that what is available. If they do not meet your needs or expectations then you may want to look at the marketplace as there are a number of options out there.
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2022

@Bader Almarhoon ,

One final comment is that you really should break these into individual questions. The community works best when there is one or two questions in a given post. Also as stated above there are a lot of posts for many of your questions that already exist in the community. Seeking those in reviewing the responses will give you a lot of different perspective on what might work best for you.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 17, 2022

@Bader Almarhoon ,

could you let us know if the info has helped or if you have further questions?

Like Bader Almarhoon likes this
Bader Almarhoon September 26, 2022

Thank you @Jack Brickey

I appreciate your support.

0 votes
Olha Onofriichuk_SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 17, 2022

Hi, @Bader Almarhoon 

Maybe I could help you with some of your questions.

As for your questions 

3-How can I automate time tracking for requests received via email? ex: when an agent is assigned to a ticket, I want to know how much time they spent working on the ticket.

3A-I want to show a report of each agent and the average time they spend on tickets in a day/week/month/year

I could recommend you to configure your SLAs in the way you set the amount of time the agent is supposed to work on the ticked and when the ticket should get certain status (for example, move from the "In Progress" or "Issue assignet to..." to "Waiting for customer" status), and then you will be able to see how much time the agent has already spend working on the tickets and whether he is going/has already completed the request on time.

Let me show you how to do it in SLA Time and Report for Jira add-on. As it excellently works with JSM and you don't need JQLs for work and configuring SLA in SLA Time and Report for Jira.

emails.jpg

Then to see it via the main page view or graph reports (which you can also export to Excel or CSV or intergarte to dashboards):

reports sla2.jpg

sla report.jpg

4- How can I know if an agent didn't respond to a ticket within the SLA.

You can find it out if you set time goals within the SLA Configuration and if during this time goal completion a person didn't respond the ticket, you can set some automated actions like notifying the manager, or just to check on the Grid whether the SLA goal was met or breached:
respond.jpgexceeded issue.jpg

Hope it helps!

And if you need any help or more information about SLA Time and Report for Jira add-on. on would like to find out how to set it up the most effectively for your team/company work, just let me know!

Have an awesome day.

Regards,
Olha

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events