deny global permission?

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2011

how to ensure that your special-group-users group doesn't have the default is global permission ?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2011

In Administration->Global Permissions you want to make sure that this group is NOT in JIRA users permission group

Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 29, 2011

Samir, have you read Atlassian's JIRA Administration Guide?

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA043/JIRA+Administrator%27s+Guide

Specifically the sections around Managing users, groups, project roles etc..

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 29, 2011

please guide me step by step

from creating a group to activating the user by admin

i got your ideas but i want to use them

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 30, 2011

i will read it again ..it s much easy if there was video tutorial for customisation

thanks i will come back to mark the correct answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2011

Jira permissions are a simple "permissive" scheme - that is, they start on the assumption that you cannot do anything, but then you add permissions to do things. There's no "block access to" function, you have to remove the setting that was allowing the user to do something.

For your group, start with the assumption that it does nothing - don't use it in any schemes or global permissions, and it'll do absolutely nothing. Then you can add it into schemes as you need it to be used.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events