cron for a biweekly subscription

Ryan Aherne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2012

Hi,

Do you have an example of the cron for a biweekly subscription
that I can paste into the advance subscription section?

That is, I'd like the filter to run at 7am on a Monday biweekly.

Thank you,

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ryan Aherne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2012

I know I could subscribe to the filter twice using the First Monday of the Month and Second Monday of the Month option, but this is not exactly what I'm after.

This was the easiest and only solution that worked for me. I end up with many subscriptions depending on the week, but it works.

1 vote
Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 2, 2012

Cron doesn't support biweekly runs on most systems, so

0 7 * * 1/2

will probably fail, but you could schedule the first and third monday of the month by

0 7 1-7,15-21 * 1

Hope this helps,

Thomas

Ryan Aherne
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 3, 2012

Thanks for the reply, but neither are accepted by the ui 'Unexpected end of expression' error.

I'll double check to make sure I'm not doing something really thick and get back to ye ;o)

Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 3, 2012

Have you tried:

0 7 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,15,16,17,18,19,20,21 * 1

0 votes
Oliver Emmler May 9, 2014

I will get an 'unexpected end of expression'

Suggest an answer