count fixversion changes

AMOL October 25, 2017

Hi I would like to search for issues that had their fixVersion field changed although I want to exclude any issues that had initially an empty fixVersion field.

For example:

In my project I have two versions/release

Version_1_00

Version_1_01

If I create a issue and assign fixVersion = Version_1_00 and then over the course I change it to Version_1_01.

I want this issue to be listed.

However this issue should not be displayed if fixVersion stayed at the initial Version_1_00 and issue was closed (Resolved).

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Marko Filipan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 26, 2017

Hi AMOL,

If I understood your question correctly, you want display issues with following criteria:

- Display issues that currently have Version_1_01 and were having Version_1_00 since creation (weren't empty after creation) and don't display issues that stayed at Version_1_00 and are closed.

If this is correct, the following JQL should satisfy your requirements:

fixVersion=Version_1_01 and  fixVersion was Version_1_00 and fixVersion was not EMPTY 

Please let us know if this is okay for you.

Cheers,
Marko 

AMOL October 26, 2017

Thank you, Mark. Yes, that is one way for sure.

I also ended up creating a scripted (Adaptivist) field that counts the number of FixVersion.

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor

ComponentAccessor.changeHistoryManager?.getChangeItemsForField(issue, "Fix Version").size() as Double

AMOL October 26, 2017

Meant to say number of FixVersion changes..

Shankar Dharmaraj March 21, 2022

Hi Marko

can you please help me if i have multiple changes of fix versions, i have multiple fix versions i am tracking so want to know what all moved

Thanks,

Shankar

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events