could my jira server have a sandbox ?

Bruno Bernadet July 27, 2021

Hi

My sen is SEN-14194323. Is that server version can have a sandbox ?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2021

We can't tell from a SEN what your licence level is (we're not Atlassian, we're a community here to talk about Atlassian, so we can't look it up).

However, a commercial Server (or DC) licence (25+ people essentially) includes a "developer licence" which is explicitly written up as to be used for development, testing of any form, disaster recovery, upgrades and so-on.   As a sandbox clearly falls into at least three of those areas, yes, you can have a sandbox on a dev licence.  Or lots of them if you want.

It's the same process as installing your production server - find some kit to run it on, run the install as per docs, give it the developer licence key, done.  

Developer licences match your production licence (so 100 production users = 100 development users, same expiry date etc). 

You can get the key for one by going to my.atlassian.com and logging in as any of the billing or tech contacts, and looking at the production licence key, there's a link to the developer licence underneath that key!

1 vote
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2021

Hi @Bruno Bernadet

Nic already answered perfectly to your question - if you are in the mood of reading please find information about creating a test environment, from Atlassian documentation, here:

Regards,
Daniel

Suggest an answer