close task and story appear in new sprint after the old sprint close

張嘉遠 Peter Chang May 6, 2024

Hi Dear:

i have the strange issue. my project go through with 3 sprint,now it is 4 sprint in progress .but i find out  the close task and stroy appea ,but these thing already close in past . some task does not have sub task. how can i solve this issue?

peter

2 answers

0 votes
Ojase Emmanuval
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2024

@張嘉遠 Peter Chang The answer that i have posted is relevant for jira cloud. Are you using cloud or on prem version of JIRA?

0 votes
Ojase Emmanuval
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2024

@張嘉遠 Peter Chang  Please make sure the last column of your sprint board is mapped to the closed status in JIRA. This may be the reason you are seeing closed task in backlog. 

張嘉遠 Peter Chang May 6, 2024

Hi Ojase:

below is my picture from the jira, the gree fram indicate the new sprint during the 5/7~5/20  10days ,the red frame indicate the four column in sprint board so the last one is done, the purple indicate the close story in  last sprint  and still appear .

Peter  

截圖 2024-05-07 下午1.43.06 copy.png

張嘉遠 Peter Chang May 7, 2024

hi Ojase:

i may find out the key point which cause this issue, as the below picture

截圖 2024-05-07 下午5.35.47 copy.png

the red fram indicate the close task , it contain the tree sprint ,the red frame mean this task  belong (4/09~4/22), it seem when i close the sprint ,the close task will move to new sprint for unknow reason , so how can i solve this issue?

peter

Ojase Emmanuval
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2024

HI Peter,

Go to your board settings--> Columns and make sure the last colum is mapped to DONE / Closed status.

Thanks,
Ojase

張嘉遠 Peter Chang May 7, 2024

hi Ojase:

thanks your reply, can u kindly offer the picture which indicate this configure (Columns and make sure the last colum is mapped to DONE / Closed status.) becaue i can not find out  it in my jira.it will be grateful to help me .

Peter

Ojase Emmanuval
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 8, 2024

@張嘉遠 Peter Chang  Please follow the below steps

1. Go to your JIRA board, Click on Board settingsScreenshot 2024-05-09 093059.png

2. Click on Columns--> Map the last column to closed status

Screenshot 2024-05-09 093235.png

張嘉遠 Peter Chang May 9, 2024

Hi ojase:

i have review my jira board configure and still not find out.i think mybe the jira version  and system role is different.  can u tell me what jira version u use?

Peter

張嘉遠 Peter Chang May 9, 2024

Hi ojase:

i have the  online meeting with the it who manage the jira, during the meeting he share the screen ,then  he also can not find out the configure . Is it possibele the version cause this issue or maybe the some configure will modify after that the key configure will show up, can i have some  opeate menau to resarech it?

Peter

張嘉遠 Peter Chang May 13, 2024

hi Ojase:

is it possible we can discuss  by the goole meet? i can also share the screen with u ,maybe u can find out some key point.

peter

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events