check that DueDate is not empty

Paul G May 19, 2015

Hi, can I add a transition validator/simple script to check the project and then DueDate?

Something like 

project == 'foo' and issue.DueDate is not EMPTY

If the above condition was met, then there would be an error stating that the duedate was required for this project.  I am trying to avoid having multiple workflows ... 

Was trying to do this with the simple scripted validator, but not having much luck.

Thanks in advance! 

5 answers

0 votes
Alexandra Topoloaga
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2015

Yes, it would make it mandatory for all the projects.

As I have seen here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA060/Specifying+Field+Behaviour, you may have multiple field cofigurations.

So, you can create a new field configuration scheme and a new field configuration. In the field configuration you should due date required. Now, all you have to do is to use the new field configuration scheme for the project in case.

I have tried this, it works. smile

This is my last idea - I have seen though you don't want many schemes... 

0 votes
Paul G May 19, 2015

Yeah, I would have to have custom field scheme for this one project to do this?

I have tried to stay organised and have only a couple of schemes and workflows across all my projects.

Changing this in the field scheme would make it mandatory for all my projects I think?

0 votes
Alexandra Topoloaga
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2015

If all you want to do is make the field mandatory, you can set it as required from the project administration, but that would make the field mandatory for all the projects. 

0 votes
Paul G May 19, 2015

Thanks Alexandra, unfortunately getting new plugins is a slow process, is there anyway I can just write a JQL query to use in the simple script section that's available by default?

0 votes
Alexandra Topoloaga
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 19, 2015

Hi Paul,

Using JJUPIN plugin you can write a validator as simple as this: 

if(isNull(dueDate)) {
   return false, "duedate", "Due date should not be null!";
}

The result would look like this:

Capture.PNG

I hope this helps,
Alexandra

Suggest an answer

TAGS