backup and restore of custom database table

hi,

We have a custom table in our internal jira database used to store other information to be accessed by Jira (using SIL) and it works well, but we encounter an issue upon doing a XML backup and restore, the custom table was not included in the backup/restore.

I had read about JIRA's entity mapping on some blogs but cant find a documentation about this on JIRA itself?

Is custom database tables supported by backup/restore? Where could i find documentation about this?

Thanks,

eric

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Eric,

As far as I know the XML Backup will just handle the know tables of Jira Schema, unless you change the entitymodel.xml file:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+the+Entity+Engine+for+JIRA

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Database+Schema

Hi Bruna,

I think the link you provided is outdated since it pertains to tomcat5.5 and also incomplete coz it did not talk about updating the entitygroup.xml which i think is the bases of entitymodel.xml, but then again im reading my info from other sources, i hope to have a source from JIRA itself, i dont want to mess our jira instance.

Thanks,

eric

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

292 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you