It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

'automatic assignee'

paul vinter Oct 30, 2013

G'day

As I understand it the 'automatic' option for the assignee field relates to the default for that issue - a single default assignee.

Is there there ability that the workflow can be told the assignee at each step and therefore 'automatic' relates to the assignee at that point, which could be overridden by choosing a different name in the assignee dropdown?

Thanks for any insight.

Paul

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pedro Cora Atlassian Team Oct 30, 2013

Paul,

You can use the post-functions of the JIRA workflow to set the assignee on any transition. However to make this conditional, then you need a plugin like the JIRA Misc Workflow Conditions.

1 vote
Radu Dumitriu Oct 30, 2013

Basic and simple scripting problem: An old example with JJUPIN http://confluence.kepler-rominfo.com/display/TR/Assigning+an+Issue+Preserving+The+User+Load

(but you can take a free plugin, like Jamie's Script Runner, and implement it yourself)

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde Oct 30, 2013

Hi Paul,

You could us the Update Issue Field post function to automatically assignee an issue during a transition in your workflow. But that will not give you the option to overrule it if necessary.

But ofcourse you always simply assign it to somebody else once the transistion has been completed.

Best regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Try Jira Cloud for Outlook: Organize your work without leaving your inbox

Hi Atlassian community, My name is Max and I work on the product integration team at Atlassian. I am pleased to announce the early access program for the Jira Cloud add-in for Outlook. This add-in...

1,268 views 2 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you