atlas-mvn eclipse:eclipse issue with the JDK

Hi everyone, I'm new with all of this, this is my first question here in the site.

I was working with the java JDK 1.6, but I changet it to the 1.7 version (cause the application in the company is workinh under this one).

The issue is when I apply the atlas-mvn eclipse:eclipse command, I get this:

[WARNING] Workspace defines a VM that does not contain a valid jre/lib/rt.jar: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7
[INFO] Adding default classpath container: org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER/org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.launcher.
StandardVMType/JavaSE-1.6

I changed the path to the 1.7 directory, then in eclipse added the jdk1.7 to the installled JREs. But that message is always shown, and the project is build under version 1.6.

In the project explorer in eclipse, I see this include: JRE System Library [JavaSE-1.6] for all the new projects, and the ones that I applied that comman (atlas-mvn eclipse:eclipse). So, the system is not recongnizing the change to 1.7?

Someone can help me with this, thank you!!

P.D: I have tried deleting the buildpath, configuring it, changing to 1.7 in the project properties, but none of those have worked.

2 answers

If you are using Windows maybe you can try updating the JAVA_HOME system variable and make it point to your Java 1.7 JDK?

I already did that, that was not the problem, but thanks.

Hi Jhonnatan,

Please change the --vm entry in the eclipse.ini file. To change follow the steps,

Navigate to the root of the Eclipse installation --> Take backup of the eclipse.ini file --> Edit the eclipse.ini file with your favorite text editor --> Add a -vm entry to file before any -vmargs entry with your latest java path

File will be looking like below:

-startup

plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.2.0.v20110502.jar

--launcher.library

plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.1.100.v20110502

-product

org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product

--launcher.defaultAction

openFile

--launcher.XXMaxPermSize

256M

-showsplash

org.eclipse.platform

--launcher.XXMaxPermSize

256m

--launcher.defaultAction

openFile

-vm

C:/Program Files/Java/jdk1.7.0_32/bin

-vmargs

-Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.5

-Xms40m

-Xmx512m

====

Thanks,

Patina

That didn t work either. The command atlas-mvn eclipse:eclipse is always adding the classpath:

org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER/org.eclipse.jdt.internal.de
bug.ui.launcher.StandardVMType/JavaSE-1.6

Try to add JRE Library to the project by

Right click on your project --> Click on the Build Path --> click on the add Libraries. -->

Then Choose JRE System Library --> See weather it is pointed to Workspace default JRE(jdk1.7.0_xx) if else add the jdk 1.7 JRE library there.

Click finish and then go back to your project. Run the eclipse:eclipse command.

Thanks,

Patina

Right now, I have in the system library check the option:

-Workspace default JRE (jdk1.7.0_55)

Cause I changed it.

Before, I had check Execution environment with the option
JavaSE-1.7 (jdk1.7.0_55) selected.

But none of those worked, whe using the atlas command, the library is always changed to 1.6.

Thanks anyway ;)

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published 6 hours ago in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

85 views 4 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you