admin/admin can't login

Jirong Hu
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 21, 2015

I just installed the latest v6 trail but admin/admin can't login. What's the default admin login id and password?

2 answers

0 votes
Jirong Hu October 22, 2015

Following this find out the user is jirong_hu@otpp.com, the one used to register to jira.com. There is no more admin user in the database.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/retrieving-the-jira-administrator-192836.html#RetrievingtheJIRAAdministrator-ForJIRAversions6.0to6.2.1:

0 votes
michael_ngangom
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2015

reset from database using the below query:

update cwd_user set credential='uQieO/1CGMUIXXftw3ynrsaYLShI+GTcPS4LdUGWbIusFvHPfUzD7CZvms6yMMvA8I7FViHVEqr6Mj4pCLKAFQ==' where user_name='admin';

this will set the admin password to 'sphere' without quotes.

Jirong Hu
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 22, 2015

I am using the default internal database, how to execute this command? Thanks.

michael_ngangom
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2015
Jirong Hu October 22, 2015

I executed the command, but got a 0 update count, still can't login with admin/sphere. I can see all tables in the DatabaseManager. Do I need to login to the Database Manager to execute?

Suggest an answer