add/modify versions and components but restrict access to project role assignment

Hello together,

is there a way to grant rights to add/modify the versions and components of a project, but restrict access to the project role assignment?

Unfortunately, with the "administer projects" role both is possible and i want that only a "real" administrator can configure the user access.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind Regards,

Kevin

2 answers

1 accepted

0 vote

I'm afraid not. Project admins get to edit components, versions and roles. That's it, no separation.

Atlassian are looking at it I think, as part of a wider "make admin more granular" review. See https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-3156

Okay, thanks for your quick answer.

Good to see, that there is already an issue.

I agree, they either have access to too much or nothing. I would like to give access to manage versions, but not let them manage add-ons etc, which they can with Jira-Admin rights

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira

Mission-critical battery manufacturer fulfills FAA software requirements with Commit Policy Plugin

EaglePicher Technologies is a leading manufacturer of battery systems for diverse industries like defense, aviation, space or medical. As they operate in highly regulated industries, keeping a clear ...

131 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you