XRay Testcase Management - link Testsets to different Stories

Dominik Trnka
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 10, 2020

Hello community!

Maybe someone has a answer for my Issue.

I would like to have a certain Testset Linked in different User Stories where the Testcase Result is not matched between the Stories.

Maybe an example.

User Story 1: Testexecution with an Testset of 20 Testcases where 15 passed and 5 failed

Visible in the User Story in the Test Coverage

User Story 2: new Testexecution with the exactly same Test Set from User Story 1 but in Status To Do.

Actual when i do it like this, the Testresults are matched to the User Story 2.

The reason behind is that i would like to have a nice view in the Story how many TC's are executed with not look into the Execution list.

Is there any way for this Scenario or have someone some hints for me?

Thanks a lot in Advance!

Best Regards

Dominik Trnka

2 answers

0 votes
Carl-Johan Eklund
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 26, 2023

Hello community and author Trnka.

We are facing this same problem where we are trying to link one imported test case to two separate stories with Xray.

By my understanding of the documentation provided by Xray it should be possible by making sure that in the csv-file, the info in column/cells for "Link issues" is filled out as follows;
(ABC-001; ABC-002) which by my understanding would link the imported test case to the stories, which I in this example call ABC-001 & ABC-002.

@Dominik Trnka have you been able to find a solution outside of this thread or are you still bothered by this problem? (even though I can see this thread was created long ago)

From what I understand there is a "workaround" to the problem where you after the import is complete would go into each story that you would like to link cases to and then manually input the link to each separate test case/issue. As you can "bulk" link one story to many cases but not the other way around. 

I understand this is an old thread but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can find a way to simplify all of our work processes.

Kind regards, 
Carl-Johan

0 votes
Sudarshan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2020

Hello @Dominik Trnka Welcome.!
I am sure you should be able to get an understandable view using the xray reports and widgets.

If my understanding of xray is correct, I think what you are seeing now is the correct way to see a test execution status.

Every new test execution is a new set of results irrespective of the test set.

Correct me if I got your query,

Just trying to help here. :)

Dominik Trnka
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 11, 2020

Hello @Sudarshan 

Thanks for your answer, that reflects my opinion, but wanted to know if i'm right or there is another way.

Thank you :)

Like Sudarshan likes this

Suggest an answer