Would like a button to create a jira ticket from confluence with issuetype and component filled out

Jason Schleifer April 9, 2017

Hello all!

I'm trying to make it easy for people within the company to create jira tickets from our confluence cloud page.

I'm able to link to the createIssue url, but when I pass an argument like components, it doesn't get automatically filled out.

Both issuetype and pid seem to work.

The url I'm using is something like:

https://mysite.atlassian.net/secure/CreateIssue.jspa?components=10701&issuetype=10004&pid=11100

but as I said, the components is ignored. 

Does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Jason Schleifer April 24, 2017

I ended up creating a typeform of just the material I wanted, then created a zap in zapier to take the typeform info and create an appropriate jira.  I then used the "build your own macro" tools to include the typeform in my confluence page.  Works great!

-jason

Moon
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 19, 2019

Jason, thanks for posting your solution :)

I need exactly the same thing as you, and I'm trying to replicate your solution, but I can't figure out the right code for the macro. 

Would you be willing to share the code of the macro?

Thanks in advance and have a great day! 

0 votes
C
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2017

I found that the Atlassian documentation shows: createIssueDetails.jspa? opposed to createissue.jspa?  This allowed my components to be set but please be aware, since I have the modify reporter permission for the project, the reporter is blank and needs to be filled in. 

https://mysite.atlassian.net/secure/CreateIssueDetails!init.jspa?components=10701&issuetype=10004&pid=11100

the reference for creating a issue by URL is here:

Suggest an answer