Workflow status

Roland Backlin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 15, 2020

Any way to set the workflow on sub-task directly to Backlog instead of Funnel when creating?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2020

Hi Roland and welcome to the Community.

I don’t know what “Funnel” is but expect it may be a status your admin has created. What goes in your backlog is defined by the status that you have mapped to the backlog. So let’s say that the Backlog consists of issues in “To Do” then you just need to ensure that your sub-task issue types is created in the To Do status. This can be done by edited the workflow that exists or, if shared with other issuetypes that you don’t want to modify, create a copy, edit and the associate to the sub-task only. Alternatively, if Funnel is a status you could map it to Backlog too.

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2020

Hi Roland - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

We actually have a separate Workflow for Sub-tasks.

Simply create a new workflow with the statuses you like, including where it goes when you create it. 

Then attach the new workflow to your project's workflow scheme and attach it to the Sub-task issue type. 

Then finally, publish your workflow scheme.

I hope that helps!

Suggest an answer