Workflow Sheme migration blocked

Julien Guilbert July 9, 2019

Hi

I made changes on a workflow scheme on migrated project on it.

Since I did it (10 days), my workflow scheme is blocked with the message "migration in progress".

In our Jira, we have 340 project on the scheme.

We use Jira datacenter 7.12.3.

Is it possible to stop the migration or any solution to unlock my situation ?

Thanks

2 answers

1 vote
Vinu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2019

For anyone coming to this thread seeking a solution, the problem may occur when a node is is taken offline while a WFS migration is taking place intentionally or unintentionally. The problematic node retains the information on the WFS migration in its cache which will get replicated across other nodes in your cluster when you bring the problematic node up. However the process does not exist as the server would have been rebooted, but the cache retains the event. Atlassian suggested two solutions out of which the safest option is to perform a clean restart. Shut down all your nodes and bring them back one by one. This should flush the cache and help you recover back. 

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2019

Hello,

Are you using some kind of an app? If so, you should provide the name of the app. I can not figure out how you migrated a project.

No I don't use any app.

In the Jira Administration > Workflow schemes > Edit workflow scheme screen, I have the message : 

"Migration in Progress. You cannot make changes to this page while a migration is in progress for this scheme."

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 9, 2019

I have not met such a message before.

Ok ...

At First I thought it was related to archived projects but not ...

Vinu
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 3, 2019

@Julien Guilbert - Can you let me if you got it working?

Suggest an answer