Workflow Condition Based on Epic Link

JIRA Admin August 21, 2017

Hello,

I have a workflow that I am trying to setup a transition that has conditions associated with it and I would like to use a "Value Field" based transition. I have set it up to base it on "Epic Link", however no matter what value I have it compare to, it doesn't seem to have any effect. Please see screen shot at bottom of current condition I am trying to use.

In this case, it's using the ticket number "EI-200", but I've also used the name of the Epic as well "BreakFix" and that has not worked either.

Is this a possible case that this is a bug with this transition type or am I missing how to use "Epic Link" for a value based transition condition?

Workflow Transition Snap.PNG

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JIRA Admin August 25, 2017

I did receive a response to my support ticket, they acknowledged they could reproduce it and they provided this workaround:

The best way to have that accomplished is using 'Option ID' instead of 'String' as the comparison type. To find the 'Option ID' for an issue/epic, open the issue and mouse over the "Edit" button. Look at the displayed URL at the bottom of the page for the ID value. Then use this value in the conditional statement (still using "Epic Link" as the type, but "Option ID" as the comparison type).

I confirmed this works as a viable workaround!

0 votes
Athena Petridou [Nimaworks] August 22, 2017

Hey,

This condition came from Jira Suite Utilities plugin. Check here: https://jsutil.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/JSUTIL/pages/786626/JIRA+Suite+Utilities+Workflow+Conditions#JIRASuiteUtilitiesWorkflowConditions-ValueFieldCondition

If you did everything, and still does not work, you should report them an issue..

BR, Athina

JIRA Admin August 22, 2017

Thanks, I had found that information and I have since opened a ticket with them, https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/23/JST-317672, to get further assistance to see if it's a bug or if something else is going on.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events