Work On Issues is required to create a sub task

Aldo Cauchi Savona February 5, 2021

Hi,

I have given a user the project permission 'Create Issues' and  'Work On Issues' in a project's used permission screen.

However from a story More > Create sub-task, when clicking the Create button, I am shown the error: User 'xyz' doesn't have the 'Work On Issues' permission

The workflow does not have any related validator or transition state properties.

Id there some other property that I need would need to set?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2021

Assuming you have time tracking enabled, users would need to have the Work on Issues Permission in order to log time against tickets.  Its not a workflow permission, it's a project permission.

You can read about it here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/managing-project-permissions-938847145.html

Time-tracking permissions and explanations

Work on issues

Permission to log work against an issue, i.e. create a worklog entry. (Only relevant if time tracking is enabled).

Delete all worklogs

Permission to delete any worklog entries, regardless of who added them. (Only relevant if time tracking is enabled). Also see the Work On Issues permission.

Delete own worklogs

Permission to delete worklog entries that were added by the user. (Only relevant if time tracking is enabled). Also see the Work On Issues permission.

Edit all worklogs

Permission to edit any worklog entries, regardless of who added them. (Only relevant if time tracking is enabled). Also see the Work On Issues permission.

Edit own worklogs

Permission to edit worklog entries that were added by the user. (Only relevant if time tracking is enabled). Also see the Work On Issues permission.

Thanks @Rob Horan for your quick answer,

We do have time tracking enabled, and user had the  Work on issues permission.

I now gave user all the mentioned permissions above, but he still is told 'User 'xyz' doesn't have the 'Work On Issues' permission

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2021

Did you check the permission helper?

Hi @Rob Horan , thanks for reminding me about that JIRA feature.

No I hadn't and it just told me that Service Desk is overriding the permissions of the project (because it is in service desk), gave user a right to service desk and he has access now.

Like Rob Horan likes this

Suggest an answer