Will Jira get access to all message and content in Slack account once integrated?

Chiming Ling May 9, 2024

From data privacy perspective, I would like to know whether Jira will get access to all messages and content in my Slack account if I am to download and integrate Jira into my Slack account.

1 answer

0 votes
YY哥
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2024

Hi @Chiming Ling 

Welcome to our Community.

As far as I know, Slack IM is just like Emails, as a notification channel of Jira events. Besides, we can use Slack to create and edit Jira issues. However, we have no place to search slack content in Jira Cloud. So as for your question, no.

Hope it helps. Thanks,

YY哥, Cloze Tech, China

Chiming Ling May 10, 2024

Hi YY and Jira representative,

Based on Slack's disclosure <https://premom-workspace.slack.com/apps/A2RPP3NFR-jira-cloud?tab=settings&next_id=0> it appears that once integrated Jira into users' Slack account, Jira can view basic information about a user’s direct messages in Slack, and view messages and other content in public channels that Jira Cloud has been added to.  May I know what 'basic information' consists of?

Thanks,

Chiming

YY哥
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2024

我建议你直接集成下看看,中间过程会告诉你读取哪些权限的

Due to company policy, we cannot start the download unless it's been approved for integration.  And to get the approval, we need to understand what information Jira will collect and process from Slack.

May we get a confirmation from Jira as to whether the installation of Jira Cloud app in Slack will give Jira access to the content of messages exchanged under the Slack account which the Jira app has been installed and integrated? Thanks.

YY哥
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2024

Of course Chiming,

As you're Atlassian customers, you could raise a ticke to Atlassian:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Thanks, submitted a ticket.

Like YY哥 likes this

Suggest an answer