Why when I open Jira Issues from slack or notification area I see other design?

Nimrod Raz May 22, 2019

Please look at the picture, this is making me crazy :O

Untitled.png

3 answers

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2019

Hi,

Thanks for clarifying the problem here.   I am afraid that the new issue view in Jira Cloud does not yet have all of the exact same features of the old issue view.  As such, permalink to a comment in the new issue, is not available in the new issue view at this time.  That is why in order to be taken directly to that comment via a link requires Jira to utilize the old issue view. 

There is a feature request for this over in JRACLOUD-70156.   I would recommend watching that issue for updates on this.

Sorry there does not yet appear to be a better solution at this time.

Andy

0 votes
Nimrod Raz June 5, 2019

Hey Andy,

Thanks for your reply!

I think I did not explained clear..

please look at the two images below..

This is the extract same Jita Issue

One of the with the extra params, and this why I see it in Old \ different design

The second is in the new design..

I want everytime I click t open this issue, is that it will look like the new design.. the second design... even if it from slack or from the jita notification 

you know what can be done?

Thanks!

image.png

image.png

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 4, 2019

Hi,

I understand that you are feeling frustrated in regards to the issue links from slack and notifications that are potentially not taking you directly to that comment as expected.  So far though, I am not certain I understand the source of the frustration here.   Would you be able to share a screenshot of your entire browser window when this happens.  I am afraid that the one you included appears to have been cropped to remove the bottom as well as the scrollbar of the browser.

It is possible that you would still see these other sections like attachments or addon components like marvel on the page, if the comment is say the first comment on an issue, and it's not a very large comment, the page could be already scrolled down as far as the page will go.  In which case there is no way currently to make it scroll down any further.  Maybe that is what is happening here, but then again, maybe not.  I can't say for sure since the screenshot has been cropped. 

Screen Shot 2019-06-04 at 9.53.33 AM.png

You can see in my example, the size of my browser window and the location of that comment on the page potentially play a factor in what other elements you might see on the page when it loads.

Andy

Suggest an answer