Why the error "Linking to Xxxx-1058 is restricted due to target JIRA Project configuration"occurs ?

rahul naani October 29, 2019

Why the error "Linking to Xxxx-1058 is restricted due to target JIRA Project configuration"occurs ?

why the above error occurs ? can you list the reasons out .

All issue types are using same link scheme .

this error occurs whenever try to link issues 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
fran garcia gomera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2019

AFAIK you only need to have link issue permission in the source project and the browse project permission in the target project so you can see the issue you want to be linked.

rahul naani October 29, 2019

I have link issue permission in source project and the browse permission in the target project .

Any other reasons please

anarcon GmbH September 23, 2020

Do you have the plug-in Extended Schemes installed on your instance?

That is usually the error message you get when the desired link type is not configured accordingly. Both link directions (inward and outward) have to have the respective link type configured.

Go to Administration
> issue linking to see the respective link direction names and
> Link Schemes, select the respective scheme and configure the available links accordingly

Best regards,
André

0 votes
Volkan Kiraz December 13, 2022

did you solve your problem? I would be very interested because I have the same problem.

When I try to link another incident from an incident with the linktype "duplicates" I see the same message. 

Suggest an answer