Why my javascript not working? Edited

Hi!

I just want to ask for some help. I made a web item in my atlassian-plugin.xml:

<web-item key="web-item-example" name="My Web Item" section="operations-delete" weight="200">
<description key="my-web-item-desc">General description</description>
<label>Push me</label>
<link linkId="my_web_item_link"/>
</web-item>

And i wrote my js like this:

AJS.toInit(function(){
AJS.$('#my_web_item_link').click(function(e){
alert("Documentation");
});
});

When i press the web item happening nothing. Can you help me?

image.png

I dont know why my code is not working.

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

I could not solve this problem with web-item, but if somebody needs help then use javascript and put a label into the more operationbar. My soultion is the next:

$('#opsbar-operations_more_drop').append('<div class="aui-dropdown2-section"><ul><li class="aui-list-item"><a href="#" id="listDialog"><span class="trigger-label">PD rendering</span></a></li></ul></div>');
This widget could not be displayed.

* Open your Web Developer tools in Chrome / Firefox. Do you see any errors / warnings?

* Maybe AJS.toInit() is not executing your code at the right time. You could try it with 

$(document).ready()

Or with

$(window).on('load', function() { //do something})

It is already solved. If i push the button, then the link automaticly load the main page, so it can not call the functions before it. To solve this problem you should put in the link "#". In this case the fucntions will be called (i tried it with only button, not web item).

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

97 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you