Why [manual] jira structure won't allow duplicate user stories for each parent?

shayne skakles September 21, 2015

I'm setting up a manual JIRA structure that contains  a user story as a parent but I want to be able to manually add another user story as a child but it appears that the JIRA structure wont'[ allow duplicate childrend

P1 (user story)
...C1 (user story)
...C2 (user story)
P2 (user story)
...C2 (use story) <- this isn't allowed

Can somebody tell me how I can include that C2 user story as both a child in P1 and P2?  Thanks!

6 answers

3 votes
Eugene Sokhransky _ALM Works_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2015

Hello Shayne,

If you are talking about the Structure plugin, this will be available in the new Structure 3.0. We are planning to demo the pre-release version on the Atlassian Summit in San Francisco in November and then the public beta will follow.

If you want, we can add you to the early adopters list and send you a notification, once the beta is out.

Please let us know.

Kind regards,

Eugene

(ALM Works)

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2015

You can't do it in plain JIRA - a child always belongs to a single parent issue.  I suspect the structure Add-on doesn't allow it either.

1 vote
Darren Pegg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2015

Thanks buddy thumbs-up

1 vote
Eugene Sokhransky _ALM Works_
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 21, 2015

Shayne, sure. Could you please give us your email? (here or you can send it to support@almworks.com).

Darren - done smile

1 vote
Darren Pegg
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 21, 2015

Eugene, could you also add me buddy. I'll be interested in trying this out... (darren.pegg@odonus.co.uk) smile

1 vote
shayne skakles September 21, 2015

Thanks for the info all!  @Eugene Pavlenko, please do add me to early adopters list.  Thanks!

Suggest an answer