Why is the Sprint value cleared out when a Sprint is completed?

Randall Fisher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2014

(I'm editing question as a more refined user story has been defined.)

As a PO, we would like to do analysis on teams and there past sprints. We are attempting to use the Sprint field to filter thru issues (using Structure).

At the end of a Sprint, when the sprint is marked as complete (finished) in JIRA Agile, the values of the Sprint field, on the issues in that sprint, are being set to null. There is a Jira Agile field for the Completed Sprint that holds a reference similar to the value previously held in Sprint.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Randall Fisher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2015

I have a support ticket open with Atlassian. In it, among other things, I'm trying to get them to confirm that my issue is (or is not) GHS-10460.

Randall Fisher
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2015

GHS-10460 was the problem. My only complaint was that I found it before the tech rep did. Come on guys, I'm paying you to be experts, not to have slower Google skills than me.

0 votes
Robert Leitch [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 7, 2014

Thanks for the update Randall, I hope you get that sorted.

If you have the time and inclination I'd love to hear more about how you're using Structure to do that analysis.

0 votes
Robert Leitch [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 28, 2014

Hello Randall,

Could you provide more details about the issues that have been attributed to installation of the Structure add-on?

If you are experiencing problems with Structure or you believe that it is causing problems elsewhere, please contact support@almworks.com.

Best regards,

Robert

Randall Fisher
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 3, 2014

Three things drive this opinion here:

1) Structure was the last thing added (or updated) on our Jira install.

2) We have users creating structures that are not familiar with all the ins and outs of Structure. We end up with Structures that sometimes impact projects outside of there intended scope. I do not have all the details on the many behaviours we have observed.

3) Everyone loves scape goats as they present easy targets when things go wrong. Structure is the current scape goat.

Eugene Sokhransky _ALM Works_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 4, 2014

Hello Randall,

If you do suspect it is structure's fault, can you please provide more details via email (support@almworks.com) or via our JIRA (https://jira.almworks.com) and we'll be happy to help you sort this out.

Regarding your second point - creating structures should not cause any issues with JIRA. The only potential source of problems can be incorrectly configured synchronizers. To avoid this, we've added additional permissions for the synchronizers, so you can choose which users can create and run them. You can find more details in our wiki: https://wiki.almworks.com/x/pwIcAQ

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Eugene

Randall Fisher
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 5, 2014

We have a better understanding of this issue now, and we are focusing in on JIRA Agile as the culprit. We do not believe there is a synchronizer clearing out this value when a sprint is marked as compelte.

Suggest an answer