Why is my "Edit permissions" button missing from the Filter Details popup?

Brenden Prazner March 14, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Using Filters

I follow the instructions as outlined in the documentation above but my Details panel is missing the 'Edit permissions' link so I cannot not make my Filter public or sharable to others.

I only have "This filter is only visible to you."

1 answer

3 votes
Michael Partyka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2016

Hi Brenden,

you should have shared object permission

If you are sure that you have it... read this:

Can't edit my own filters, even if I have the Edit Shared Objects permission

Symptoms

My id is part of the jira-administrator group, which has access to Create Shared Objects. When i try to edit a filter it always tells me I don't have access and presents a login screen. Other users that are not part of the jira-administrator group seem to work correctly.

Cause

The page that is used for this edit action is protected by the jira-users permission. Administrators without this permission (such as third-party contractors that administer JIRA but don't have access to the issues) should not be exposed to any user's filters for security reasons.

Resolution

• Ensure all users that are intended to interact with issues or any other sort of shared object have jira-users permission, or belong to a group with that permission.
Derek Winter March 16, 2016

Hi Michal,

I have the same issue. How do I determine whether I have "shared object permission"? (I am part of the jira-users group)

Brenden Prazner March 16, 2016

Hi. Thanks for the input. I also am part of the jira-users group. Other users in my projects can share their filters and edit permissions.

Cheers!

Suggest an answer