Why don't issues using the Sprint Created trigger run when the Create Sprint automation is run?

Dave Kellogg
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 6, 2024

I have an automation that creates some issues and assigns them to a newly created sprint whenever a new sprint is created.  When I create a sprint manually, this works great. 

I also created an automation that uses the schedule trigger to create new sprints. When it runs, it creates the Sprint without issue, but my automation to create the issues and assign to the sprint does not run. 

The rule log for the issue creation shows that it did not run at all when my sprint was created via the scheduled trigger automation.  Any ideas on why that doesn't work?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2024

Hi @Dave Kellogg , there should be a checkbox in the Sprint created rule Details that you need to enable. Below is the text explaining the purpose.

Check to allow other rule actions to trigger this rule. Only enable this if you need this rule to execute in response to another rule.

Dave Kellogg
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 6, 2024

Thanks, Jack!  The checkbox did the trick!

Like Jack Brickey likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events