Why does @mention not auto populate after 3 characters?

4 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Kevin, what version are you on?

JIRA 6.2.4

Probably because the user trying this does not have the "Browse Users" permission.

All users have Browse User permission.

Are we talking about a custom text field? In any case: the Wiki Style Renderer (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Renderers) must be active on the field for the autocomplete to work. Can you check that?

Standard comment, just typing @ABC will not render any names even though we have many associates with those 3 letters

Where are your users being managed? Internal, Crowd or external LDAP? I know there have been issues with things like OpenLDAP and other sorts if not funneled through Crowd. If entered directly into JIRA as a directory it can have issues with timeouts and syncing.

All users are pulled in through LDAP

Our instance uses Microsoft Active Directory (Read Only, with Local Groups)

Thanks Matt. I'd imagine you work with Kevin. Has this always been the case for you guys, or was this a recent happening? I'd really try to investigate and diagnose the connection between the two there. Sounds like something related to a timeout. If there is any additional authentication or firewalls it needs to jump behind you may be seeing an issue there.

Yep, I work with Kevin. Thanks for taking a look at our issue Andrew. Our users have reported this off and on for some time now, but I think this only began occurring after moving to v.6.2.4. We can occasionally reproduce this behavior. When this happens, the message returned is "No matching users found for dal" (when I search @dal to find Kevin). Sometimes, I get a full list of users beginning with 'dal' including Kevin. Sometimes the search will be blank, but will populate when I hit Tab. There is no firewall between the app server and the AD server, since both are internal. Timeouts are as follows: Sync Interval: 60s Read Timeout: 120s Search Timeout: 120s Connection Timeout: 60s Active Directory shows as having 43,535 entries. I can't find any recommendations for timeouts related to directory size.. Are there any suggestions based on proven practice as to what these numbers should be in relation to the size of the user directory?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Aug 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

A is for Activate: Share your top Jira Service Desk onboarding tips for new users!

Hi, everyone! Molly here from the Jira Service Desk Product Marketing Team :).  In the spirit of this month's  august-challenge, we're sourcing stories of Jira Service Desk activation fro...

565 views 25 15
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you