Why does filtering by issue type "Test" not work?

beckyhazell July 27, 2021

I have a testing project in Jira which has the issue types in the screenshot.  I can filter by all of them except "Test".  If "Test" is included in any filter (except all issue types), none of the Test tickets are returned in the results. Does anyone know why this is?

Screenshot 2021-07-27 at 15.21.41.png

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2021

@beckyhazell Welcome to the Atlassian Community.  Can you share a screenshot of your JQL or search?

beckyhazell August 10, 2021

Hi Brant, this is the query: project = TPSQA AND issuetype = Test which returns no results.

However, if I search with this query: project = TPSQA AND issuetype in standardIssueTypes() then I get results including those with issuetype = Test.

The search works for other issue types e.g. project = TPSQA AND issuetype = "Test Execution"

Thanks,

Becky

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2021

@beckyhazell If you remove the project does issuetype = Test return anything?

@Brant Schroeder Yes it does, but not for the project I am interested in!  Only returns matching tickets for another project.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 10, 2021

So you have another project that has test issues in it and when you filter by issuetype and project it returns results?  Is there any difference between the two projects?  Issue type scheme, etc?

Yes, didn't know about this project, we have a lot of old, no longer used projects.

When I filter by this old project: project = QAS AND issuetype = Test I get results but filtering by the current project I don't get any: project = TPSQA AND issuetype = Test

What I have seen though is that we have two type of issuetype = Test - screenshots attached. The query giving results shows only the first issuetype for Test in the second screenshot.

Current project TPSQA:

current project TPSQA.png

Old Project QAS:old project QAS.png

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 10, 2021

Since you have two issue types of test one of them will not be test. If you filter using the basic filter and select the test issue type you want and then switch to advance search what does it show as the issue type?

Suggest an answer