Why does JIRA Portfolio show past releases as overbooked and with future dates?

John Price
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2017

I created a cross-project release and included 3 projects.  Once all the issues were Done and the release went out I went into each project and marked the fixVersion as Released.  However, back in Portfolio it still shows a red flag (overbooked?) and a projected future release date.

If I drill into the 3 projects from the Portfolio release, it shows that one of the 3 is overbooked and has a future projected release date.

What do I need to do to get Portfolio to accurately reflect that the release went out and all the work is done?

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 13, 2017

Hi @John Price

I would encourage marking as Done or re-assigning to a different version any issue currently NOT "Done" and assigned to a released version as this ends up being a confusing situation.

It is also possible to exclude a version, which will exclude any issue assigned to it as well and avoid this type of situation.

Finally, while Portfolio keeps "Released" version around, it will not show "Archived" versions.

Cheers,

Thomas

Suggest an answer