Why do resolved tasks not show up in corresponding board column?

Jochen Waibel
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 20, 2020

Hi there,

I'm kind of new to JIRA and am struggling to set up a board for my project. I have created numerous stories and tasks under the same epic with different statuses. For status meetings, I would like to create a board showing which tasks/stories are "To Do", "In Progress" and "Done". I understand that the tasks/stories are assigned to one of those three columns based on their corresponding status. I have created an active sprint covering all tasks/stories under the epic and one task is resolved but for some reason doesn't show up in any of the columns of the board (I would expect it to show up under "Done"). Could you please advise why the resolved task doesn't seem to be picked up by the active sprint board?

Thank you and best regards,

Jochen

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2020

Check the board filter and how the status are mapped into the columns.

Jochen Waibel
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 25, 2020

Thank you! The problem was that no sprint was assigned which I solved now.

Suggest an answer