When I use the calendar picker to find tickets created between 9/1/15 and 9/30/15 or when I use the JQL "created >= 2015-09-01 AND created <= 2015-09-30" I get a list of tickets created 9/1 through 9/29 but the tickets created in 9/30 are omitted. Why is this?
This is EXTREMELY frustrating - it is already difficult to create month-based queries, but now we have to assume a +1 days for every between search?
Sorry, this has me in a bit of a cranky mood - I realized that because of this bug many monthly reports I've submitted to upper management are missing issue data. As for Basic search, that's my default. I can craft JQL, but that doesn't mean I want to. I only use JQL when I have to perform a search that goes beyond the capabilities of Basic search, and even then I wind up creating the framework of the search in Basic then switch over. Its a matter of preference. Even so, bear in mind that while most admin (other than myself) may prefer JQL, regular end users may not like it at all.
No problem and no offense taken. Agreed that this should be modified as it is counter-intuitive. I'll even go as far as to send out an internal email to our JIRA users warning about this. Sorry you had to find out the hard way... "Make it a great day and a better tomorrow!" //Sten
Thanks Sten - earlier today when I discovered this issue I found that solution to my own monthly report issue, and it works well. However, I can guarantee that other users are going to have all sorts of problems setting up their own date range filters. I want to find a way to put a positive spin on this but... if searching by day, in absence of time, that should be interpreted as any time on that day from 00:00 to 23:59.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot