Why did the Plugins administration disappear?

Patrick Adesso February 7, 2012

I no longer can access administration of plugins in JIRA. I'm evaluating FishEye and I need to add the application link as described here:

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA000/Integrating+JIRA+with+FishEye

but since there is no plugin admin option anymore, I can't complete the steps.

3 answers

0 votes
NikE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2012

Unfortunately, you are correct, you cannot link JIRA OnDemand with a local version of Fisheye (or vise-versa). OnDemand was designed as an all-inclusive suite and has limitations on how it can connect to outside of the suite. (The full list of limitations / restricted functions of OnDemand is here, just fyi.)

0 votes
NikE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2012

With Atlassian OnDemand, your App-links are already setup. The UI is a bit different than described in that doc, we are still in the process of separating the docs for the OnDemand application versions from the 'download' versions (as they can be quite different). Your plugins admin is available under Administration -> Issues -> Plugins. I would recommend checking out this link if you are looking at working with plugin admin in OnDemand.

Also, if you are experiencing issues with Fisheye inside of OnDemand, I would recommend opening a support request and we can resolve the issue right away.

NikE
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 7, 2012

It looks like you already have Fisheye running so hopefully everything is all setup for you.

Patrick Adesso February 7, 2012

Thanks to you both for the input. The Plugins menu is certainly under the Issues menu (which seems odd to me) but I think my issue is deeper. I wasn't aware that I couldn't integrate an OnDemand instance of JIRA with a download version of FishEye.

0 votes
StaceyA February 7, 2012

You should be able to use/do the following things http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Atlassian+OnDemand+Plugin+Policy which I checked includes enabling the Jira Fisheye plugin from within the plugins menu. If you were previously using an independent version of Jira, the plugins menu is located now in the OnDemand administration section under Issues -> Plugins -> Plugins. If you aren't able to see that it might be a permissions issue set up by whomever created the instance. If you are an admin and should be able to see the menu then you should probably contact support to get it sorted. Cheers!

Suggest an answer