Why can't I see 'Features' in my project

John Calabrese
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 18, 2018

Within project settings, one project we have includes the 'Features' tab, but another one does not.

I'd like to test out the roadmap functionality but I can't get to the page to turn it on.

Anyone else having this problem?

1 answer

0 votes
Gabriele Franck
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2018

Hey @John Calabrese

The new Roadmap feature will be available on Agility boards, only.

In case others projects are using Scrum and/or Kanban templates, you'll need to create a new Agility board for those projects in order to have the Roadmap functionality.

Here is our official doc about Roadmaps: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/roadmap-957979308.html

Could you please double check if this is your scenario and let me know if you see anything different? :)

Gabi

Arshia Cont October 19, 2018

Hi @Gabriele Franck

For some strange reason, I do not see "Agility boards" when I try to create a new board.. any idea?

Gabriele Franck
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2018

Hey @Arshia Cont

The Agility board/project was renamed to 'next-gen' project.

Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 10.47.03.png

Can you see this option when you try to create a new project? :)

Gabi

I do.. but my goal is to enable Roadmap on an existing project which is not a Next-gen... .

Anyway to transform a good-old Scrum to Next-gen? Or can I keep the project and benefit from Roadmap?

Gabriele Franck
Atlassian Team
October 19, 2018

You can't enable Roadmaps in classic Scrum/Kanban boards, this is only available for next-gen.

If you want to 'convert' your classics boards into next-gen boards, the best option for you is to bulk-move your issues.
The doc you will need to refer to perform this action is this one: Editing multiple issues at the same time then.

Let me know if this clarifies!

Gabi

Thanks!

That's pretty overkill but I can imagine why!

Arshia Cont October 20, 2018

@Gabriele Franck I am familiar with bulk transfer. However if this is the only way of converting a Scrum project to New-gen, I am worried about all internal links with Bitbucket and its branches. 

If there’s any good practice guideline on this it’d be very welcome.

Suggest an answer